freetds - Recent CVS activity

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Recent CVS activity
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 21:08:04 -0400 (EDT)

Thought I'd update everybody on what's in CVS since 0.52, since the I know
some people have been waiting on some of these.

So here goes:

---- TLI entries in interfaces -----
Added support for TLI style entries in the interfaces file (thanks
Michael for explaining it).

---- textsize default -----
Added 'text size' config option which changes textsize on connect.
This affects TDS 7.0 connections mostly, you need to use the freetds.conf
configuration file to use it. Example:

[MyServer]
tds version = 7.0
host = nthost.domain.com
port = 1433
text size = 8192

---- TDS 8.0 -----
Added preliminary TDS 8.0 support. I have no idea if this works, but you
should be able to connect using 8.0 and have it work. big ints and other
8.0isms are not yet supported, just stuff that was there in 7.0 so far.

----- Big endian fixes ----
I've added 'emulate little endian' config flag (need to use freetds.conf
to access) to force Solaris/PPC/etc.. to act as a little endian
(intel) client. This is automatically set if you specify TDS 7.0 or 8.0,
you do not need to set it in this case. It will affect 4.2 connections so
that broken date, money, or msg numbers will work. Only the base protocol
along with int and smallint datatypes are supported yet, work in progress.

----- Placeholder support ----
Michael sent me an example ctlib program and I was able to capture the
TDS5 dynamic protocol in action and add some code for it. So far it only
is able to prepare statements and process the result of that. Next up is
supporting ct_dynamic(... CS_DESCRIBE_INPUT ...) and execution.

Nobody has sent me captures of TDS 7.0 placeholders running or example
ODBC code. So this will be a TDS 5.0 only feature until someone cares
enough ;-)

----- 0.52 segfault -----
Fixed interfaces handling seg fault and a problem with host name lookup on
some platforms. Highly recommend upgrading from 0.52 if you have any
problems connecting.

  • Recent CVS activity, Brian Bruns, 07/12/2001