freetds - ThinWEB JDBC Driver

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Curt Hagenlocher" <curt AT hagenlocher.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: Craig Spannring <cts AT internetcds.com>
  • Subject: ThinWEB JDBC Driver
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 15:45:47 -0700

I don't remember having seen this on the list before.

A company called ThinWEB is distributing a free Type 4 JDBC
driver for SQL Server, and charging $100/year for email-based
support. They say that the driver is based on FreeTDS.

http://www.thinweb.com/tw_products_twfreetds.html

They're distributing it under the terms of the LPGL, though
without the source code. As this permits redistribution,
I have made the driver available from my site at
http://www.hagenlocher.org/software/TWFreeTds.zip so that
you won't have to register at their site to download it.

I'm not personally interested in using the driver without
source code, but I suspect that others don't have those
qualms.

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt AT hagenlocher.org

  • ThinWEB JDBC Driver, Curt Hagenlocher, 07/05/2001