freetds - Help with installation

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Jeremy Brown" <jeremy AT eastpointcom.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Help with installation
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 11:24:43 -0400

Hello everyone!!

This is the first time I have ever posted to the list, and it would figure
it involves installations questions :-)

Before I start, I would like to request that all responses to my inquiry
be directed to my email address of jeremy AT eastpointcom.com directly.
Thank you.

I am trying to install FreeTDS on a virtual server running FreeBSD 4.2. I
untarred the files in my ~/tmp folder and correctly ran configure with the
following options:

./configure --with-tdsver=7.0 --enable-msdblib --enable-dbmfix
--with-gnu-ld --enable-shard --enable-static

However, when I try to make install or make check, I receive the following
error:

Making install in include
tds_configs.h:No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/epoint2/tmp/freetds/include.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/epoint2/tmp/freetds.

There is a file named tds_configs.h in
/usr/home/epoint2/tmp/freetds/include though. Anyone have any
suggestions??

I am more than willing to provide you with the usernames/passwords to the
server so that you can use a hands-on approach.

Thank you for reading my post, and I hope that it results in success.

Jeremy Brown
jeremy AT eastpointcom.com

  • Help with installation, Jeremy Brown, 07/05/2001