freetds - using jdbc from an applet

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Nathan Fredrickson" <nathan AT silverorange.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: using jdbc from an applet
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 12:58:18 -0400

Hi,
I'm attampting to use the JDBC driver from an applet. When I call
getConnection() the following security exception is thrown. What exactly
is "Reflective access"? I searched the driver source for a reference to
getDeclaredMethod() but found nothing.
Thanks, Nathan.

com.ms.security.SecurityExceptionEx[com/internetcds/jdbc/tds/Constructors.init]:
Reflective access to class java.sql.Statement prohibited.
at com/ms/security/permissions/ReflectionPermission.check
at com/ms/security/PolicyEngine.deepCheck
at com/ms/security/PolicyEngine.checkPermission
at com/ms/security/StandardSecurityManager.chk
at com/ms/security/StandardSecurityManager.checkMemberAccess
at java/lang/Class.checkMemberAccess
at java/lang/Class.getDeclaredMethod
at com/internetcds/jdbc/tds/Constructors.init
at com/internetcds/jdbc/tds/Constructors.newConnection
at com/internetcds/jdbc/tds/Driver.connect
at java/sql/DriverManager.getConnection
at java/sql/DriverManager.getConnection
at TDSTest.init
at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.securedCall0
at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.securedCall
at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.processSentEvent
at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.processSentEvent
at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.run
at java/lang/Thread.run