freetds - Re: Draft 0.52 announcement

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Draft 0.52 announcement
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 20:14:53 -0400 (EDT)

Erm, actually no, placeholder support is missing from both ctlib and ODBC.
It's on the agenda for 0.53 development cycle. Along with (from the
TODO file):

. ct_dynamic and friends needed for DBD::Sybase placeholder support
. Server API needs more work, especially for TDS 5.0/7.0
. Add support for TDS 8.0
. Domain support for MS SQL
. TDS 7 support on big endian clients
. add textsize option for TDS 7 to freetds.conf
. TDS 7 Unicode to native charset conversion using iconv
. tdsping program for testing purposes
. autoconf the connection pooling stuff
. Make pool configuration a non-recompile process
. Add missing constants needed for python and verify working
. Add missing constants needed for Gnome-DB and verify working

It's pretty ambitious. I'm debating whether to put an interim release in
there somewhere and if so what should come in the first cut.

Of course, someone really interested in pushing placeholder support
forward could send me small standalone C programs that demonstrate the
usage in ctlib and/or ODBC and I'll see that it gets done. ;-) But as it
stands now, I have to look through the docs and create them myself which
means they generally get pushed back in favor of something that is more
'ready' to be worked on in the library proper.

Brian