freetds - RE: Bigendian problems (was Help: Error: tds_process_de fault_tokens() marker is 0)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Bigendian problems (was Help: Error: tds_process_de fault_tokens() marker is 0)
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 14:24:00 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Darryl Friesen [mailto:Darryl.Friesen AT usask.ca]
Sent: June 12, 2001 2:41 AM

Brian, what do I need to do to get you the info you need? I've tried out
the test.pl script in the samples directory, but the connection to the sql

Darryl,

Take a look at "man tcpdump" on any machine on the subnet (or the troubled
box itself). If you've got that, we're home free. You typically need some
flavor of elevated access rights, because tcpdump puts the adapter into
"promiscuous mode".

Brian needs something like
"tcpdump -w tcpdump.log -s 300 host <server> and host <client>"

While tcpdump is running, attempt the connection. Then stop tcpdump with
^C. You can check what you captured with "tcpdump -r tcpdump.log". If you
see some stuff, send Brian the file. And smile.

--jkl

  • RE: Bigendian problems (was Help: Error: tds_process_de fault_tokens() marker is 0), Lowden, James K, 06/12/2001