freetds - Bigendian problems (was Help: Error: tds_process_default_tokens() marker is 0)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Darryl Friesen" <Darryl.Friesen AT usask.ca>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Bigendian problems (was Help: Error: tds_process_default_tokens() marker is 0)
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 00:41:06 -0600

> It's a very fixable thing, except I don't have a big endian platform
> that can talk to a SQL 7 server. What I need is traces of the login
> packets from both a big endian and little endian box. Given that,
> It'll most assuredly be fixed.

I've installed the May 30 snapshot (the June 10 snapshot gives me the error
"No rule to make target `tds_configs.h.in', needed by `tds_configs.h'") on
one of our Suns, runing Solaris 2.8. Installed DBI and DBD::Sybase as well.

Brian, what do I need to do to get you the info you need? I've tried out
the test.pl script in the samples directory, but the connection to the sql

server fails. I assume that's why you need a trace of the login packets.
:)

- Darryl

Darryl Friesen, B.Sc., Programmer/Analyst Darryl.Friesen AT usask.ca
Education & Research Technology Services, http://gollum.usask.ca/
Department of Computing Services,
University of Saskatchewan
"Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes"

  • Bigendian problems (was Help: Error: tds_process_default_tokens() marker is 0), Darryl Friesen, 06/12/2001