freetds - Re: Compile problem with Tds.java

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Curt Hagenlocher" <curt AT hagenlocher.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Compile problem with Tds.java
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 10:42:35 -0700

> I'll be happy to fold in your patch to my own copy of the source and
> build you a jar, but it would be patently preferable to submit the
> patch to Craig (he's the only one with commit access in CVS) and
> have it available to all users, wouldn't you think?

For what it's worth, I think this was one of the patches I sent
to Craig in March. Not only did they never appear in CVS, but
I didn't even get any kind of response.

Since then, I've been maintaining a private version that adds
a few bug fixes and feature enhancements. When someone runs
into a problem that I have fixed or can fix, I direct them offlist
to this version, which can be downloaded from

http://www.hagenlocher.org/software/freetds_jdbc.zip

I'm in the process now of converting the unit tests to use JUnit,
and was surprised to find that many of the tests don't properly
check for failure. In particular, datetime parameters that fall
within Daylight Savings Time and are sent as TDS SYBDATETIMN
values were begin adjusted an hour in the wrong direction, but
the unit test never checked the result -- it just printed the
values out.

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt AT hagenlocher.org