freetds - Re: Question about TDS Version (build, interfaces, env)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Question about TDS Version (build, interfaces, env)
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 17:03:32 -0400 (EDT)

Found a bug! The documentation doesn't agree with the code...argh, it does
explain why someone had such a devil of a time setting the version in the
interfaces file though...Thank you, Darryl.

The proper form for the interfaces file is "4.2", it's just that all the
documentation is wrong! Any recent CVS version will take either "42" or
"4.2" for the environment variable.

As far as the search order goes it's: environment variable, interfaces
file, and lastly compile time default.

Need to fix the doc...

Brian