freetds - Re: Perl and ODBC

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Perl and ODBC
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 00:59:15 +0000

Brian Bruns wrote:

> You need a current version from CVS. Most of the DBI::ODBC stuff was
> added after 0.51.

Brian,

I'd like to make a note of that somehow or other in the docs, but I'd like to
avoid
the notion of "current CVS version" which a) gets out of date and b) requires
the
reader to have some idea of what "current" meant to the writer.

After .51 was released, how should post-.51 known? .52_alpha? .51.1?
Please pardon
my ignorance. I suppose we could say "any CVS version after .51", but then
when .52
is released (me, ever the optimist), then that advice becomes both obsolete
and
confusing. I'd rather be able to say "you need -.51.a or better" or some
such.