freetds - Re: php example...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: php example...
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 23:26:30 +0000

zamily,

You're not going about this in a way that will answer your questions. You'll
be
extremely lucky if someone here can or will debug your script for you. Even
if they
were so inclined, you haven't provided enough information.

Two people have already pointed you to documents and asked questions about
your
setup. No one asked about your script, and a lot of people would say it's
rude or
presumptuous of you to splat your code on the list unbidden. FreeTDS.org is
a pretty
civil place; I've seen flame wars started over stuff like that.

Here's what to do if you want your problem resolved.

1. Do you homework. If you'll pardon my saying so, it's not obvious
you've read
the docs.
2. Check the basics. Does $SYBASE point to interfaces? Does the
interfaces file
look right to you?
3. See if you can isolate the problem. Does telnet work? Do the samples
and unit
tests work? Does Sqsh work?

If you can narrow things down and be more specific, I'm sure someone here
will be
able to answer your questions, and you'll be on your way.

just trying to help.

--jkl