freetds - Re: HPUX Compilations

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Emilio M.Recio <n2wog AT usa.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: HPUX Compilations
  • Date: 29 Apr 2001 23:39:08 EDT

"James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT speakeasy.org> wrote:
> "Emilio M.Recio" wrote:
> > I am want to use this toolkit on an HP-UX platform. However,
> > I try to compile the toolkit and after a short period there's an
> > error in the Makefile. I am using the standard HPUX Make
> http://hpux.cs.utah.edu/hppd/hpux/Gnu/gcc-2.95.3/
> http://hpux.cs.utah.edu/hppd/hpux/Gnu/make-3.79.1/
>
> These are precompiled binaries (to use the redundant idiom)
> for HP-UX. I think running them would be easier than modifying the
> makefile.

Thank you very much for your suggestions. This is unhelpful because we are not
``allowed'' to use opensource tools for which already exists in the platform.
Since make already exists on HPUX, I cannot convince them to switch to GNU
make since, our other applications are written specifically for HPUX make.

On that note, if someone could outline, in plain english, what the makefile is
doing (when it descends into each directory) I will rewrite the makefile for
the toolkit. This should be no problem to write, except that decyphering the
./configure made makefile's is like trying to find a needle in several
haystacks.

Best Regards,
E. M. Recio

* Applied Sociology and Participatory Research *
* Department of Psychology, Sociology, and Anthropology *
* Drexel University *
* Philadelphia, PA 19104; USA *
* Email: <emr22 AT drexel.edu> ICQ: <458042> *
* Homepage: < http://polywog.navpoint.com > *