freetds - User Guide 2.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: User Guide 2.0
  • Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 17:14:19 +0000

All,

When that Aprille with his showres swoot
The drought of Marche hath percèd to the root,
And bathèd every veyn in suche licoúr,
From which vertu engendred is the flour;

Thenne longen folk to go on pilgrimàges,
And coders for to seeken the User Guide?

It's not finished, but it's Finished Enough. Please post any critiques
good or bad, or forward them to me. Feedback is useful, provided the
information:invective ratio is high. Errors especially I would like to
see corrected. Contributions are also welcome. Help yourself, or
involve me, either way.

http://www.freetds.org/userguide/book1.htm

Note: it's book1.htm, not html. That's what jade did for me and
I wasn't about to argue until I know what I'm doing.

Brian: * I didn't commit the sgml to the CVS; I don't think I have
commit rights.
* I created a syblink index.html ->
/usr/home/freetds/public_html/userguide/book1.htm so folks would be able
to give the directory name, but the web server didn't follow it
(permission denied). So I deleted it. Would be nice, though.

I put these up with ftp:
* userguide.sgml
* userguide.tgz a tarball of the html output
* userguide/ the html output

I don't think sgml is what the Hippies had in mind when they said "Let
it all hang out", but there it is.

Regards,

--jkl

  • User Guide 2.0, James K. Lowden, 04/08/2001