freetds - User Guide status

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: User Guide status
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 05:05:53 +0000

All,

I'm working on the documentation quite a bit this week. I think a reasonable
first
draft (or is that second draft, Brian?) will be ready by Monday.

If anyone else is writing anything for the UG at the moment, please let me
know so we
can coordinate our work. Also, I'm looking for information on (or at least
names
of) ODBC bridge products. Don't know beans about them.

The drafting is done in DocBook sgml, but I'm "compiling" it to html for
reviewing.
Anyone who's interested can find my "latest build" of the user guide at

http://www.schemamania.org/freetds/html/book1.htm.

I just got caught up reading the list. Timestamps, text fields, truncated
numerics
(ouch!). Very hard to sort out what's fixed and what's pending. Makes me
think
there's a missing section: "Known bugs and limitations".

And, Bob, thanks for the dates.

--jkl