freetds - Re: User Guide Improvements

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: User Guide Improvements
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 21:05:38 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Bob Kline wrote:

> Excellent! Here are some dates to fill in some of your placeholders in
> the document. Microsoft released version 1.1 (for OS/2) in 1990, and
> version 4.2 (originally OS/2 and later ported to NT) in 1992.
>
> Don't remember the exact dates for the original Sybase release of TDS,
> but I'd be curious to hear if you find out.

Best I could get is mid 1980's, so I put that in (Sybase was founded ~1984
so one would assume they had a product shortly thereafter). Thanks for
the dates on MS SQL.

So Bob, you're a JDBC guy right? mind contributing a few words about
versions (TDS and Java) supported by the JDBC driver?

Cheers,

Brian