freetds - SQL2000, perl, and Apache

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Stephanie Shaw" <stephanie.a.shaw AT intel.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: SQL2000, perl, and Apache
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:24:04 -0500

Background: Newbie. Very much so. This is only my second database I have
tried to connect to using perl
Problem: Need to connect to a SQL2000 database, from a *nix environment.
My understanding is that DBI::Sybase will only work with SQL 6.x and SQL
7.x (please correct me if I am wrong), so I am checking into freeTDS.
However, I have been unable to find detailed information on connecting
using perl and freeTDS. Can someone please point me in the correct
direction to find connection information? Or if there are suggestions on
a better connection method than freeTDS, please advise. Thank you!
Stephanie

*Disclaimer:Views expressed are my own, and not those of Intel.