freetds - Re: numeric data from sql 7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sasha Dolgy <sdolgy AT birdonawire.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: numeric data from sql 7.0
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 11:03:27 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Brian Bruns wrote:

> Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 20:44:23 -0500 (EST)
> From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
> To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
> Subject: [freetds] Re: numeric data from sql 7.0
>

> Ok,
>
> Can someone tell me which protocol versions this affects? 4.2? 7.0? both?
>
> All the numeric stuff was moved from convert.c to numeric.c
>
> Cheers,
>
> Brian

I will check out numeric.c, thanks. I'll give a bit more info in hopes it
can help you, or others replicate the problem.

I make a query and ask for 3000 rows. all the results returned are
numeric. at about row 2000 i have a numeric value that is 10 bits.
4444238300

from there, the rest of the values that are returned after that value are
skewed. usually resulting in a 9 bit number. needless to say, all the
data returned is not correct.

I compiled with tdsver=7.0 and use it in conjunction with a mssql 2000
machine. testing it against sql 7.0 reproduces the same results.

hope this helps.
Thanks again

-sasha