freetds - Re: Timestamp fields.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Tim Uckun <tim AT diligence.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Timestamp fields.
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 11:37:42 -0700

Further experimention has got me all confused. I tried the following queries.

1) I tried selecting all the text fields in the table : Worked
2) I selected all the bit fields in the table : Worked
3) I selected all the fields in the table by naming the fields : failed
4) Select * : Failed.
5) Select just the timestamp field and an ID field : Worked!
6) Select all the fields except the timestamp field : WORKED!

I tried similar tests with a much smaller and narrower table.

So far here is my conclusion. If a query selects a timstamp field and a magic combination of other other fields the the program segfaults.
I have tried all kinds of field combinations to try and pinpoint this problem but no luck. On some tables 5 fields is the magic number and on some tables the 10 fields is the magic number.

Here is my take. Somewhere along the if there is enough data in row AND one of the fields is a timestamp field then it segfaults. Take out the timestamp field and the query works, select another row with less data and it works!

Example query:

Select
ID,Name,Fax,Phone,Contact1,Contact2,ASLASHPContact,Address1,Address2,City,State,Zip,CreditNotes,Notes,Instructions,Terms,upsize_ts
from TblClients where id=6657

Will allways fail with id 6657 but will always work with id 5427 Same query different amount of data in the row.

:wq
Tim Uckun
Due Diligence Inc. http://www.diligence.com/ Americas Background Investigation Expert.
If your company isn't doing background checks, maybe you haven't considered the risks of a bad hire.