freetds - commits

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: commits
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 23:08:40 -0500 (EST)

Ok, I finally emerged victoriously from autoconf hell (thanks to some
folks here on the list). So all my pending changes have been
commited. The short list:

- First cut at cleaning up configuration stuff.
This one is kinda on the large side, so please let me know if stuff
stops working.
- Autoconf updates to handle iODBC/unixODBC driver managers for ODBC CLI
unixODBC is not confirmed as working, but then neither is the driver!
I removed all the iODBC includes from include/ but I would like to put
some of the drivermanageresqe routines in a support library to help
compiling odbc programs without a driver manager, as I've found
debugging with one is ugly.
- binaries to char conversion with destlen -1 should work.
PHP needs this for select * against tables with timestamps.
- image to char conversion implemented
tested with ctlib only..dblib may or may not work.
- Added odbc.ini in the samples/ directory for iODBC
I tested this and was able to log in with odbctest -> iODBC -> freetds,
after which I executed a query and promptly core dumped. See above.
- userguide.sgml added to the doc/ directory
This is a first cut of The FreeTDS Users Guide written in docbook
format. It's based on an outline by James Lowden and some sketchy text
by moi. If you have the SGML tools loaded check it out and by all means
  submit changes. Docbook is really straight forward for anyone with a
grasp of HTML.

Cheers,

Brian

  • commits, Brian Bruns, 03/05/2001