freetds - Re: freetds and Sql Server 2000

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "G . Sumner Hayes" <SumnerH AT fool.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: freetds and Sql Server 2000
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 13:06:03 -0500

Rick Guggemos <guggemos AT nortelnetworks.com> wrote:
> I have been able contact to a Sql Server 7.x database with good success.
>

> However, when I contact to a Sql Server 2000 database, I can:

> 2) Get my "select" statement prepped
>
> but I try to execute the statement and get the results, I get the
> following exception thrown:

> java.sql.SQLWarning: Unicode data in a Unicode-only collation or ntext
> data cannot be sent to clients using DB-Library (such as ISQL) or ODBC
> version 3.7 or earlier.

This is with the Java freetds driver?

The C driver works fine; I can successfully retrieve ntext fields
(using the tds interface) which are standard UTF16-encoded Unicode
text. All my testing has been with latin1 or ASCII characters.

So I don't think MS has done anything to intentionally break interop
on this one.

Sumner

--
rage, rage against the dying of the light

  • freetds and Sql Server 2000, Rick Guggemos, 03/05/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: freetds and Sql Server 2000, G . Sumner Hayes, 03/05/2001