freetds - Re: Display Image Fields From MSSQL.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Display Image Fields From MSSQL.
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 07:47:32 -0800 (PST)

Bob Kline writes:
> On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Michael Peppler wrote:
>
> > Bob Kline writes:

> > > That conversion is not allowed by either Sybase and Microsoft.
> >
> > IMAGE are returned as binary strings if bound to an CS_IMAGE_TYPE
> > variable, or as a hex string if bound to a CS_TEXT_TYPE variable (in
> > ct_bind()).
>
> I see. So that API is exposing more functionality then is available in
> Transact-SQL, which isn't surprising. I should have thought of that.

I didn't know about it until recently. I was assuming that doing a
ct_bind() to CS_TEXT_TYPE or CS_IMAGE_TYPE would result in the same
thing - and found by trial and error (though it may be documented -
I'm not very good at reading documentation :-) that binding an IMAGE
to CS_TEXT_TYPE has a different behaviour.

Michael
--
Michael Peppler - Data Migrations Inc. - mpeppler AT peppler.org
http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler - mpeppler AT mbay.net