freetds - Crash on compute clause

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: John Gilmore-Baldwin <jbaldwin AT dmreg.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Crash on compute clause
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:26:07 -0600

I've run into a problem that seems to be related to freetds, because it happens in both sqsh and DBD-Sybase.

If I have a compute statement in a query, the program will core dump. I'll get the results up to the compute results, but then it core dumps. (I don't even get to the $sth->{syb_more_results} statement in DBD.)

I'm looking into some manual ways around this (as I think the compute clause makes for some ugly output outside of SQL), but I was wondering if this is a known issue or if there's a workaround.

John Gilmore-Baldwin

  • Crash on compute clause, John Gilmore-Baldwin, 02/21/2001