freetds - Re: charset select (localize problem)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Bob Kline <bkline AT rksystems.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: charset select (localize problem)
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 09:51:37 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Adam wrote:

> I use PHP4(Linux redhat) with MSSQL7.0(WINNT4) Everything works fine
> - i can make any sql queries if charecter codes in that queries are
> less than 128. But when i try to make
>
> SELECT field1 FROM table1 WHERE field2='??????' (cp1251)
>
> SQL Server write not "??????", it converts this word to upper (0-127)
> codepage and writes.

Do you really know for certain that it's SQL Server that's doing the
conversion?

> Then when i read from table, there is a rubbish. Who make it ?
> FreeTDS or PHP4 ? Why this happens ? I dont know what to do, my site
> is standing... help please!
>
> Artem

You can do at least two things to help determine what's going on. Maybe
three.

1. Try the same queries from the command line using freetds.
2. Turn on logging and look at the packets.
3. Read through the archives for this mailing list.

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline AT rksystems.com