freetds - Re: DSN Support

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Bob Kline <bkline AT rksystems.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: DSN Support
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 10:09:27 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Jayaprkash K wrote:

> Can the FreeTDS JDBC driver support DSN. I just want to connect to a
> DataSource rather than give the Username, password, ServerName,
> database etc....each time I connect to the SQL Server Database.

The freetds JDBC driver is not built on top of ODBC, as is the case with
some drivers. This is a native driver. If you want the automatic
mapping of single DSNs to a sets of connection parameters, then you'll
need to build it into your application. You could use an INI file or
(more appropriate for a Java app) a properties file. Or hard-wire the
names into the application itself if this is a quick-and-dirty tool.

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline AT rksystems.com

  • DSN Support, Jayaprkash K, 02/19/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: DSN Support, Bob Kline, 02/19/2001