freetds - Big5 character set with MSSQL 7.0 problem.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Leo Kwan" <leo_kwan AT hotmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Big5 character set with MSSQL 7.0 problem.
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 19:51:24 -0500

Hi,
I have a question about does Freetds is mutil-languages supported? I am
now running my MSSQL 7.0 server over a Chinese version Win2000 server.
When I insert a record through my Linux Box which is running apache and
php4, those chinese (big5) characters would become some meaningless text.
But if I insert data from my Win2000 server through IIS5.0 and APS, it can
insert them correctly. Is this the problem of Freetds? Linux? php? MSSQL?
or apache?
I can select those big5 characters from my linux box without problem.
Anyone can help me? thx.