freetds - Re: Use timeouts in Perl

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Use timeouts in Perl
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 18:06:30 -0500 (EST)

The timeout stuff was contributed by Inline for their ODBC driver (which
uses libtds), the other CLIs do not yet support it. Under ct lib (and
thus DBD::Sybase) ct_config with the CS_TIMEOUT arguement needs to be
implemented. We should also implement the interfaces file way of
specifying these values. I'll try to take that on while I'm redoing some
of the configuration setup.

Brian

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Nil E. Alexandrov wrote:

> Hello !
>
> I use Perl Sybase DBI driver with FreeTDS. How can I use timeouts in my
> Perl scripts ? I think that connect_timeout, query_timeout variables are
> not avaible in CTlib layer ? I found only the only one way is to use
> alarm() and cauch SIGALRM signal. I need this because I have not stable
> link, somethink like DialUp.
>
> Best regards, Nil.
> E-Mail: nil AT internet2.ru.

  • Use timeouts in Perl, Nil E. Alexandrov, 02/12/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Use timeouts in Perl, Brian Bruns, 02/12/2001