freetds - Re: FreeTDS and Debian

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FreeTDS and Debian
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 00:22:04 -0600 (CST)

Brian,

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Brian Bruns wrote:

> I've merged it into my local copy and made the other changes discussed,
> however the cvs repository seems to be down...so I'll merge it in when I
> can. Also, I added your name in the AUTHORS file.

You've probably already noticed that I pulled a bit of a brown-paper-bag with
this patch, because of course the 'unsigned' modifier can't be applied to
something that isn't a built-in type, and so freetds simply doesn't compile
with this patch. ;P In the future I'll actually /try/ to build the package
after patching it, to save myself the embarassment. :)

The lines that look like this

+typedef unsigned TDS_SMALLINT TDS_USMALLINT; /* 16 bit unsigned */

+typedef unsigned TDS_INT TDS_UINT; /* 32 bit unsigned */

need to be changed to look like this:

+typedef unsigned @smallint@ TDS_USMALLINT; /* 16 bit unsigned */

+typedef unsigned @int@ TDS_UINT; /* 32 bit unsigned */

I can resubmit the patch if you want me to, but I figured that might be
overkill for something so small.

In happier news, a new Debian package has been uploaded that includes this
(patched) patch. It should hit unstable within a few days. A previously
uploaded version of freetds (usable under x86, at least) has made it into
testing as well.

Regards,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer

  • Re: FreeTDS and Debian, Steve Langasek, 02/01/2001