freetds - Re: FreeTDS or PHP Bug?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Darryl Friesen" <Darryl.Friesen AT usask.ca>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FreeTDS or PHP Bug?
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 10:18:35 -0600

> > The BUGS file mentions a possible (unconfirmed) bug with TDS7 and
> > INSERT/UPDATE, so I tried compiling with both --with-tdsver=4.2 and
> > --with-tdsver=7.0, but I get the same result.
>
> Using two --with-tdsver options is unnecessary, as --with-tdsver is used
> select a default protocol for the library. Specifying both, you may have
> ended up with 7.0 again as your protocol version, so you may want to try
> compiling with --with-tdsver=4.2 to see if it makes a difference.

I guess I wasn't clear there. What I meant there was I tried it originally
with the --with-tdsver=7.0 flag and experienced this problem. I then
recompiled FreeTDS with --with-tdsver=4.2 (and recompiled PHP) so see if
that helped. I didn't use both at the same time. Sorry about that.

> Have you tried this query with anything other than PHP? You might try
> downloading sqsh and running your queries using its interactive
interface...
> this can help identify whether the bug is in PHP or in freetds.

No I haven't. I compiled the perl DBD::Sybase module just the other day,
but haven't tried it out yet. I guess I should (I prefer perl over PHP
anyway...)
Where can I get a hold of sqsh?

> Steve Langasek
> postmodern programmer

Thanks for your help Steve, and your quick reply!

- Darryl