freetds - Using FreeTDS on Windows

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "borg borg" <borg48 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Using FreeTDS on Windows
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 00:19:21 -0000

Hi
I'm new to this so excuse my ignorance in my questions.
Can FreeTDS be used on windows platform using JDK1.3 and SQL Server 2000?

I know usually seems that it is used on other platforms (like Linux) to connect to SQL Server on windows. But what about using FreeTDS on windows for SQL Server.

Cant use the jdbc:odbc bridge b/c it isnt thread safe so using it on web apps doesnt work. Using Apache Jakarta-Tomcat on windows.

Also if it can how do you compile on on windows?

Thanks