freetds - Re: JDBC Driver

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig AT bost.de>
  • To: <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: JDBC Driver
  • Date: 04 Jan 2001 08:38:08 +0100

Barnard Foo <foo AT vircom.com.au> wrote:

> I have a problem with the JDBC driver. I am using it
> with Macromedia Generator to connect to Microsoft SQL
> Server 7, but I don't seem to be able to execute stored
> procedures.
>
> I get the error message: 'Not implemented (getWarnings)'
>
> Would there be something in the stored procedure that is
> causing this problem or is the ability to execute any
> stored procedure not implemented?

It is possible to execute stored procedures, but the CallableStatement
class one would normally use is more or less unimplemented - and I
doubt you'll have enough control over the output Macromedia Generator
creates to make it use PreparedStatement instead.

The error message you've received means that the method getWarnings
has not been implemented - no problem with your SP but with the JDBC
driver. On the other hand I *know* that getWarnings has been
implemented in the latest snapshot, make sure you use that and try
again.

Stefan