freetds - Re: I want to get TDS 7.0 protocol specification documentation....

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Craig Spannring <Craig.Spannring AT aedinc.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: I want to get TDS 7.0 protocol specification documentation....
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 10:08:08 -0700 (MST)

Jaeheon Jeong writes:
> I want to get TDS 7.0 protocol specification documentation....
>
> Where do I search for TDS 7.0 protocol documentation ?

The TDS protocol, especially TDS 7.0, are confidential, proprietary,
and unpublished.(1) That means if you want to know about TDS 7.0 you
get a packet sniffer and watch the network traffic go by.

---

1) You can get a copy of Sybase's TDS 5.0 (I think) protocol if
you are willing to go through some sort of non-disclosure or
something.

Life is short. | Craig Spannring
Bike hard, ski fast. | cts AT internetcds.com
When all you've got is Perl, everything feels like a smashed thumb