freetds - Re: JDBC: Problem with DSTOffset in binding date-values

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Bob Kline <bkline AT rksystems.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: freetds-jdbc-bugs AT internetcds.com
  • Subject: Re: JDBC: Problem with DSTOffset in binding date-values
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 14:56:40 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, [ISO-8859-1] "Sch?rk, Andreas" wrote:

> Here the requested test. I change t0001 a little bit.

I don't understand how your test would show values from the database
which match what the test claims as 'expected' under any circumstances,
regardless of whether the driver's calculations were correct. The
INSERT statement has March 1998 dates for the second and fourth values,
but the check() method is expecting dates in August 2007 for those
values.

> To show the differences you have to be in an area where daylight
> saving is done during August 2007. For instance GMT + 1.

I'm not in such an area, so I'd have to modify the test further to get
anything meaningful from it. Can you state the dependencies/assumptions
in a general enough way that the test could be modified to work
somewhere other than at GMT + 1 or where daylight savings shift takes
place other than on a specific date in August?

> By the way, are you concerned with Tds.java some more ? I have some
> changes to allow the binding of BigDecimals to discuss.

Best to have such discussions on the mailing list so we can benefit from
participation of the larger community.

Bob