freetds - Re: MSSQL7 and FreeTDS On Linux

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: MSSQL7 and FreeTDS On Linux
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 18:20:36 -0400 (EDT)

SQL Server 7.0 will run with TDS versions 4.2 or 7.0. With SQL Server 6.5
and lower only 4.2 is available. TS 5.0 is a Sybase only thing. All TDS
7.0 gains you is unicode and large varchar support, and unicode is as yet
unsupported in the library (and likely to remain so until someone with an
interest in it surfaces).

Brian