freetds - 'make test' prep work landed

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mark Schaal <mark AT champ.tstonramp.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: 'make test' prep work landed
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 13:30:35 -0700 (PDT)

I needed a small addition to configure.in to support platforms that
need -lsocket, and while I was there I went through and cleaned up
the whole file. I removed several lines that after checking,
double-checking, and triple-checking showed no sign of being used,
but if I overlooked something that could break some platforms. This
compiles and tds/unittests check for me on linux/x86 and solaris/sparc.

(2) Simplified the ENDIAN check (login.c/numeric.c/token.c also changed)
(3) Added -lsocket check for unittest files
(4) Formatted,organized to make more readable, which lead to discovery of:
(5) dblib/unittests typo -> ctlib/unittests

Tomorrow I expect to land the core fix to have "make check" work.
This will be a small addition to the root Makefile.am and several
changes to src/*/unittests/Makefile.am. (Oh, note to self, update
documentation to reflect changes where needed.)

Mark
--
Mark J. Schaal Phone: (909) 620-7724
TST On Ramp Fax: (909) 620-8174

  • 'make test' prep work landed, Mark Schaal, 10/19/2000