freetds - Re: DBD::Sybase FreeTDS connection problems to MS S QLServer 6.5

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: anwill - Andy Williams <ANWILL AT acxiom.co.uk>
  • To: 'TDS Development Group' <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: DBD::Sybase FreeTDS connection problems to MS S QLServer 6.5
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 15:30:48 +0100

Hi once again.

I now have my system set up correctly, I think
However, now when I try to connect I get the following errors:

Unknown marker: 0!!

This happens during the connect method.
This is my code:

use DBI;

my $dsn = "dbi:Sybase:server=myDB;database=myDB";
my $user = "user";
my $pass = "pass";

my $dbh = DBI->connect($dsn,$user,$pass) or die "$DBI::errstr()";

print "Connected\n";

Here's my interface file:

JDBC
query tcp ether 192.138.151.39 4444
master tcp ether 192.138.151.39 4444

myDB
query tcp ether 10.150.3.210 1433
master tcp ether 10.150.3.210 1433

If I telnet to 10.150.3.210 on port 1433 it seems to connect.
I can connect to the same server via ODBC and DBI::ProxyServer so I don't
think its the database.
I have no clue what is going on.

Any ideas?

TIA