freetds - implementation of dbexit()

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: implementation of dbexit()
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 15:38:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hi folks,

dbexit() will now close all dbprocesses open as specified in the
documentation. If you're cvs updating you'll need to make clean; make.

Also beware: this code puts an upper limit on the number of dbprocs one
process can open to TDS_MAX_CONN. I've defined it at 4096 which should be
plenty, but you may want to find a happy medium between mem usage and
number of procs for yourself. I'd like to make it dynamically allocated
but also don't want to realloc the whole mess everytime a proc is opened.
I may make a linked list in the second draft but in the meantime...

Cheers,

Brian