freetds - MSSQL - first insert succeeds, second one fails.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Wasson, Tim" <WassonT AT kochind.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: MSSQL - first insert succeeds, second one fails.
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 16:15:38 -0500

Setup: MSSQL 6.5 or 7.0 database backend, PHP on Linux.
I'm parsing an XML string passed as a POST from an Excel sheet. I'm trying
to do an insert into a mssql database each time I get to a certain tag. The
parsing is working fine, and I can do selects out of the database in the
parsing loop, but as soon as I try to do an insert, it does to do the first
insert and then hangs on the second insert. The permissioning on the db is
ok, because I can see the first attempt makes it into the db, but no more.

I found something in the bugtracking db about errors getting raised if there
was still a query pending when it tried to do another. Not sure what that
means exactly.

Thanks for your help everyone...
Tim Wasson
Koch Industries