freetds - Re: FreeTDS and text data type

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Vincent Apesa" <vapesa AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FreeTDS and text data type
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 09:50:17 -0400

I'm not sure if this is even related but ....

with SQL Server 7 and ASP in order to select a text data type I have to run
the "set text size <number of bytes>" before executing the query to the SQL
Server I want more than just the first 256K.
I usually just write a stored procedure to grab that rows I want.
..
set text size 16384
select id, bigTextThing from X ...

Vince