freetds - Re: FreeTds latest version [OFF TOPIC]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Cameron <cameron AT stl.dec.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FreeTds latest version [OFF TOPIC]
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 09:00:00 +1100

Francis Smit wrote:
> Vi may be weird but it can be understood, you understand emacs
> five minutes before the nice men give you the nice jacket with the
> wrap around arms.

Chuckle. So, which vi can add ChangeLog entries automatically? If
there is one, I want to encourage the developers on my project[1] who
use vi to switch to the one that does it.

I'm not attempting to promote emacs, after all my preferred editor is
the OpenVMS EDT emulator in TPU using a strange keyboard layout. I'm
only using emacs because it has an EDT mode. ;-)

[1] http://vanilla.netrek.org/

--
James Cameron (cameron AT stl.dec.com)

http://www.linux.org/ http://www.linux.org.au/ http://www.freshmeat.net/