freetds - Re: FreeTds latest version

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Cameron <cameron AT stl.dec.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FreeTds latest version
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 08:39:22 +1100

Bob Kline wrote:
> The ChangeLog isn't kept up to date, for some reason.

If this is a developer problem, let me humbly point out that if
developers are using emacs as their primary editor, they need only type
"Control/X 4 a" at the point they are making a change, and the relevant
ChangeLog file is loaded and a new entry is begun.

However, if there are multiple ChangeLog files, like in the
subdirectories, then the top level file may be unchanged for ages before
somebody changes something in that directory.

I don't think looking at a ChangeLog is a reliable way to tell if
development is continuing. ;-) As Bob says, use the source, Luke.

--
James Cameron (cameron AT stl.dec.com)

http://www.linux.org/ http://www.linux.org.au/ http://www.freshmeat.net/