freetds - Re: persistent connection

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Daniel Bruce Lynes <dlynes1 AT home.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: persistent connection
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 22:05:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Sam Sam wrote:

> Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
> /data/me/coco.htm on line 19
>
> Do u know where to specified this maximum execution time ??

That's a PHP error, I believe...check your php.ini file for this.

> btw: do u know any different between persistent and non-persistent
> connection beside that persistent keep hold the connection until it
> closed..??

Persistent connections are maintained across all invocations of PHP. A
non-persistent connection is maintained on a per-page basis. So, by virtue of
that definition, each page will have to suffer through the time it takes to
connect. If you instead use a persistent connection, the connection is only
made once for all pages.

Read your php manual for more information. It's definitely discussed in the
mySQL section. I don't know where else though.