freetds - Increasing the buffer size so I can do a large INSERT

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Gordon Fong" <g.fong AT e-mango.com>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Increasing the buffer size so I can do a large INSERT
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 12:54:8

I have a simple INSERT statement that has a variety of variables which
contain at most 500 characters, and this attempts to create a new record in
my MS SQL v7 database. A lot of my requests are failing when I have too
much text. I have tried increasing the field widths or changing their types
without much success.

I checked the archive and saw an issue about setting tds->out_buf size to
something larger than the default 512.

My question is how do I do this in Perl ? Do I set environment variables or
something?

Regards,

Gordon

  • Increasing the buffer size so I can do a large INSERT, Gordon Fong, 08/21/2000