freetds - Re: Getting data of text type by using ct_bind and ct_fetch

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steven Campbell <sammynrg AT home.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, mingz17 AT hotmail.com
  • Subject: Re: Getting data of text type by using ct_bind and ct_fetch
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 18:04:07 -0400

Unfortunately, no I don't have the patch yet either (I don't think...),
though I'm eagerly awaiting its appearance on the freetds CVS server.

It doesn't matter if you're using TDS 4.2, 4.6, or 5.0. As long as
you're not using TDS 7.0, text, char, and varchar columns all get
truncated.

What I would do though is try the TDS 7.0 and see how it works for you.
Your mileage may vary. So do a `configure --with-tdsver=7.0
--enable-dbmfix` and see how it goes.

Steven Campbell

MingZ wrote:

> Thanks Stevens!
>
> I am actually using freetds 5.0 compiled to support TDS7.0. I guess that I
> do not have the patch you mentioned from Scott Gray.

  • Re: Getting data of text type by using ct_bind and ct_fetch, Steven Campbell, 08/19/2000