freetds - Re: Free tds jdbc driver with Sybase ASA 6

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "David Powers" <Dave AT SalesMountain.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Free tds jdbc driver with Sybase ASA 6
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 01:15:35 -0700

FreeTDS is a client application that connects to a server. The server
listens on whatever port it it configued to do so.

By default MSSQL Server listens on port 1433. You can verify the actual
port by fumbling through the Enterprise Manager screens or just do a
'netstat -a' from the command line on the database server to see which ports
it is listening on. If you see 1433 it is a safe bet that is the one.

DP