freetds - Re: [PHP-DB] MSSQL + FreeTDS and No SQL Errors Returned

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Tomaz Borstnar <tomaz.borstnar AT over.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] MSSQL + FreeTDS and No SQL Errors Returned
  • Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 03:27:50 -0100

At 11:24 AM 02/08/00, Steven Campbell wrote the following message:
The other unfortunate is that I don't have a choice but to use FreeTDS.
Our web servers are FreeBSD or Solaris x86, and under Solaris the Sybase
ASE TDS libraries aren't included with the SQLAnywhere server, only some
ODBC libraries, and the NT SQL server doesn't like Sybase's ODBC
drivers. And on the FreeBSD box, there are _NO_ Sybase TDS libraries
other than FreeTDS.

You can use ODBC-ODBC bridge like Easysoft's OOB. I use it for udmsearch (search engine - http://search.mnogo.ru) and it works, but was wondering about amount of work to make it work with TDS to gain speed. Basically it doesn't do anything fancy - mostly just SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, because it support many other databases. All database stuff is one file and maybe it wouldn't be too much work. Any examples for simple application that connect to database, does some SELECT and shows the results?

Tomaz

----
Tomaz Borstnar <tomaz.borstnar AT over.net>
"Love is the answer to the final question you ask" - Unknown

  • Re: [PHP-DB] MSSQL + FreeTDS and No SQL Errors Returned, Tomaz Borstnar, 08/06/2000