freetds - RE: Document Contains no Data (PHP4.01pl2 on PowerPC & M$SQL7 )

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Kimsal <michael AT tapinternet.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Document Contains no Data (PHP4.01pl2 on PowerPC & M$SQL7 )
  • Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 11:44:58 -0400

I've noticed that php4, 4.01 and 4.01pl2 do NOT work with any FreeTDS.
However, a php4 snapshot (snaps.php.net) DOES work. Go figure.
That's what we're using to talk to SQL7 right now. I am hoping that
things get sorted by php4.02 (which this snapshot is a dev of).

HTH

"McDonald, Jon" wrote:

> We have the same exact problem. PHP3.0.16 works perfectly and PHP4+
> fails as you describe. I believe this is a problem with PHP4+ and
> not freetds. I lean towards a PHP4+ problem since other users are
> having trouble with PHP4+ and the Sybase client/server...
>
> P.S. - we're running FreeBSD 4.0 on x86 hardware against M$SQL7
>
> Jon McDonald
> Voice: 404-406-4064

Michael Kimsal
http://www.tapinternet.com