freetds - preparedStatement problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "bill dossett" <bd AT emtex.com>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: preparedStatement problem
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 7:3:53

Hi,

I'm getting the error message:

java.sql.SQLException: Internal error. Bad State 2
at
com.internetcds.jdbc.tds.Constructors.newPreparedStatement(Constructors.java:251)

when I use

PreparedStatement MM_updateStatement =
MM_connection.prepareStatement(MM_updateStr.toString());

the MM_updateStr is long, and I saw a known_bug issue
regarding more than 255 chars when using PreparedStatement.setString()
but I'm not calling that method... the update string
looks ok to me, so I'm a bit lost.. and did I mention a
complete newbie to coding java servlets by hand. I'm running
this with an linux apache, tomcat, freetds and ms sql server
configuration. My SELECTS work ok so the whole thing basically
works, but I can't get the update to work.

Thanks

Bill Dossett
Emtex