freetds - Re: [DATETIME] weird behavior.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sergio Arturo Garcia Camargo <ser-garc AT uniandes.edu.co>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [DATETIME] weird behavior.
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 15:53:12 -0500 (GMT+5)

> > Im using the freetds JDBC driver with MS-SQL Server 7. When I use
> > the ResultSet.getString method to get the value of a DATETIME field,
> > it returns teh right String if the DATETIME field has NOT been
> > declared "NOT NULL", and a String representing the DATETIME, MINUS 5
> > hours(?!?!?!) if the DATETIME field has been declared NOT NULL.
> >
> > Any hint?
>
> What version of the driver are you running? Which version of the
> TDS protocol are you using? What happens when you run test t0001 in the
> unittests subdirectory? If you're not using it already, what happens if
> you use the latest snapshot?

I dont know what version of TDS i was running. the version of the Driver
was the last official release. I tested the latest snapshot, and the
problems seem to be gone!

The question is.. I have tested my whole application, and so far things
are ok with the latest snapshot. Would you recommend me to stay with it?

Sergio Arturo Garcia
ser-garc AT uniandes.edu.co
http://www.calabozo.com/sergio
A.A. 18269 Santafe de Bogota, COLOMBIA