freetds - Re: AIX endian problems

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mark Schaal <mark AT champ.tstonramp.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: AIX endian problems
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 16:33:25 -0700 (PDT)

> The error message in question doesn't come from any code in the tds
> library.
>
> It comes from the Sybase server as part of a server response (04) packet.
>
> The "tds" unittests apparently don't stress the library enough to detect
> this error. All the dblib unittests fail if the library is compiled
> for AIX with HW_BIG_ENDIAN.

Hmm, not good. I set up freetds on a Sparc here which is also a
bigendian processor. I'm running tds4.2 against MSSQL 7.0
and don't get your error from tdstest, but that might be because
of the different servers. I did notice a likely bug in the message
handling, but can't tell if that's a bug in freetds or in MSSQL.
I'll try to find time to check the dblib unittests, but I don't
think I'm going to be able to figure this out from here.

If you set TDSDUMP and send the dumplog from running tdstest, I
can tell you if that corresponds with what my Sparc is doing,
for what it's worth.

Mark
--
Mark J. Schaal Phone: (909) 620-7724