freetds - Using JDBC

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: sam99 AT columbia.edu
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Using JDBC
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 15:45:0

Ok, this may seem like a really stupid question, but I'm having a really
hard time trying to get freetds to work with my app. I'm trying to create
an application to connect to my MS SQL server, using WinNT. I've compiled
the .java files using the 2.0 JDK. It created a .jar file and a series of
packages. How do I get the whole system to work with the 2.0 JDK? Where
do I copy the .jar file to and do I keep the name it has been given? Do I
add it to my classpath? My system (VCafe 3.0) doesn't seem to recognize
the .jar file for what it is. What am I doing wrong? This is driving me
nuts. Any help, with DETAILED instructions would be greatly appreciated.
Please make no assumptions, I don't want to miss anything. Many thanx in
advance.

  • Using JDBC, sam99, 06/28/2000